This website (“website”) is owned and operated by PureWavePolarizers Limited of Unit 17A Nutley Dean Business Park, Smalls Hill Road, Norwood Hill, Horley, RH6 0HR, UK.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
2. SCOPE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. This Privacy Statement describes our current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us from you directly and/or through the website to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable European data protection laws. The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you relating to your purchase, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address or mailing address.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and comply with all the rules that are set out to ensure the protection of your data and information. For specific information on the Data Protection Act please contact the Information Commissioners Office. We will not disclose any information except where it is vital to provide the services that we offer, including the process of arranging an article being sent to you or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
4. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
5. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA INCLUDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES
You may choose to use our services and solutions or receive additional information from us. When you request our services and solutions or request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
6. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will use your Personal Data to fulfill your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
• We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services and products we will be providing;
• We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
• We may send you requested information on our services and products;
• We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research;
• We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services and products.
We hope you will be delighted with our products and services. However if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please e-mail the address firstname.lastname@example.org with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you also wish to be removed from our post marketing database, please let us know by e-mailing us at the same email address with “Mail Unsubscribe” in the subject heading or writing to us at our registered address.
8. ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
9.1 WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your browser and temporarily stored on your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They enable the website to distinguish between different users, and are important to help enhance the usability and performance of the website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user, and do not damage your computer.
The PureWavePolarizers website requires cookies in order to operate fully. For instance, cookies allow the website to recall your user preferences and what items you have placed in your quote request form, and also allow the collection of the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph. If you wish, you can control of cookies through configuration of your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, see what cookies have been set and learn how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
9.2 COOKIES USED BY THE PUREWAVEPOLARIZERS WEBSITE
The PureWavePolarizers website makes use of a number of cookies as categorized by the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Cookie Guide:
9.2.1 Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are essential to provide the service requested by the user. Without these cookies, the website wouldn’t work correctly. Cookies in this category include:
[Detail to be added after full Cookie Audit]
9.2.2 Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect aggregated information about how users visit the website. They are used to improve how the website works. These cookies include:
[Under Audit] – A Google Analytics cookie that provides statistics on site usage to help improve the website’s design and the user’s experience. All information is collected anonymously and is only used to improve how the website works.
9.2.3 Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies collect allow the website to remember choices that you make during your visit, to personalise your experience. These cookies include:
[Detail to be added after full Cookie Audit]
The PureWavePolarizers website does not make use of Targeting or Advertising cookies of any form.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
10. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
• In order to provide you with the information or services and solutions which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies, third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
• We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
• Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other companies within our group of companies or disclose your Personal Data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
• We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
11. DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a small charge. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
12. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
13. SPOOF EMAILS
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. We would also appreciate if you could report it to us immediately so that we can investigate.
For security reasons, do not include your credit card or debit card details in any email that you send to us.
14. TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently the United Kingdom), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
15. GOVERNING LAW
We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing [ email@example.com ].